What are the best vitamins for hair growth? What should you eat to have healthy hair? Both women and men dream about strong, shiny and beautiful hair. Unfortunately, hair dyeing and bleaching often significantly worsen its condition. How to take care of your hair? Apart from using hair conditioners it is important to nourish your hair from the inside i.e. take vitamins for healthy hair.
Vitamin A for stronger hair
When you put in the browser a phrase “vitamins for healthy hair” you usually search for vitamins for stronger hair. Vitamin A is certainly the most important vitamin for dry and brittle hair, to stop hair loss as well as split ends. It supports healthy metabolism of dead hair and body cells. It is also good for healthy hair, vision and skin.
Vitamin A is mainly found in animal-based foods. Other rich sources of vitamin A include butter, cheese, milk, eggs, carrots and tomatoes.
B vitamins for healthy hair
B vitamins are essential for physiological processes of hair growth. In addition, they protect hair from various diseases and harmful effects of environmental factors. B vitamins is a group of the following vitamins:
- Vitamins B1 and B2 prevent dandruff. They regulate sebaceous glands functions and accelerate the process of tissues and cells regeneration. Sunflower seeds, milk, broccoli and meat (pork) are rich sources of vitamins B1 and B2.
- Vitamin B3 nourishes hair. It helps dietary nutrients and oxygen be successfully delivered to every tissue and cell including hair. The main sources of vitamin B3 are meat, in particular pork and poultry, potatoes and cereals.
- Vitamin B5 improves hair pigmentation. It is involved in the regenerative processes of hair structure and delays its graying. Additionally, it stimulates hair growth. In order to supply vitamin B5 it is recommended to eat the following products: fish, in particular herring and mackerel, meat (liver and chicken), wheat bran, brown rice, champignons and broccoli.
- Vitamin B6 supports hair growth and graying. It is involved in hair growth processes i.e. cells division in follicles. Sources of vitamin B6 include buckwheat groats and meat (in particular chicken and turkey).
- Vitamin B9, known as folic acid or folate, also supports hair growth and prevents hair loss. Foods high in vitamin B9 include spinach, cauliflower, broccoli, lettuce, asparagus and Brussels sprouts.
- Vitamin B12 is recommended to people suffering from hair loss and graying as well greasy hair. Rich sources of vitamin B12 include animal-based foods such as meat, fish, cheese, eggs and milk.
Vitamin E for shiny hair
If you want to improve your hair appearance, you should take vitamin E. You hair will be shiny and soft. Vitamin E protects hair and follicles from free radicals and improves scalp microcirculation what results in better hair condition. Vitamin E can be found in cereals, sunflower, soy and corn oils, almonds and hazelnuts.
Vitamin H to stop hair loss and graying
Vitamin H, also known as biotin, is recommended to people suffering from hair loss or graying. Foods rich in vitamin H include nuts, spinach, carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms, almonds, egg yolk, beer yeast, legumes, beef liver and chocolate.
Vitamins C and F for better hair condition
Vitamin C plays a crucial role in collagen synthesis necessary for good hair condition. The main sources of vitamin C are citrus fruits, black currant, bell pepper and apples.
Vitamin F is a blend of fatty acids which protect the body. It is crucial for proper functions of every cell in the body, including hair cells. Sources of vitamin F include fish oil, majority of oils, saltwater fish, nuts, wheat germ, milk, avocado, pumpkin seeds and meat.
Beautiful hair equals beautiful appearance and good wellbeing. It is believed that hair indicates your health condition. When you take dietary supplements and vitamins for healthy hair, you take care of your hair and health as well.
Last update: 20 November 2020