Do you dream about healthy and strong hair? Linseed is a natural way to nourish and moisturize your hair. It is an ingredient that is used not only in the kitchen, but also in hair care products. It has extraordinary properties, that hardly anyone knows about. By using linseed for hair care, you can get spectacular results without spending a fortune.
What is linseed?
Linseed is a small-size common flax seed. They are flat grains, in the siye of approx. 2 – 3 millimeters brown or slightly golden in color. They have an oily form and under the influence of water the seeds double in volume and are wrapped in mucus. The health benefits of flax are known not only in dietetics, but also in medicine. Linen has a positive effect on the entire body, and what’s more, it is used to prevent many diseases. It is also used in the care of the scalp and hair. Golden flax seeds are more valuable for our health because they have more nutrients. Linseed is available in the form of grains or already ground. They can be easily obtained at any grocery or herbal store.
Properties of linseed
The seeds of the common flax are very rich in nutrients, such as vitamins A, B, C, D, E and K. In addition, linseed is an excellent source of fiber, protein, magnesium, calcium, as well as zinc and iron. Also, not everyone knows that there are omega 3 unsaturated fatty acids in linseeds. Thanks to all these ingredients, linseed has amazing nutritional properties for the hair. What’s more, it moisturizes them and restores the shine, that got lost due to coarse and dull hair. It also turns out that linseed has excellent regenerating properties for split ends. And these are not all the benefits that this plant offers. As numerous studies have shown, linseed accelerates hair growth. Hair grows thick and strong, and at the same time it is soft and shiny.
How to use linseed for hair?
There are several ways totake care of your hair by using linseed.
- The first one is a mask. You can prepare it by yourself and quickly do it at home. About a quarter of a cup of seeds should be poured over with water and simmered for about 10 minutes. After this time, the mask should take the form of a jelly or gel. The finished mixture should be strained through a dense strainer or gauze. The resulting mask is applied to the scalp and hair. Remember, that it is important that the hair is damp. After applying the mask, wrap your hair with a plastic cap and put on a towel. The mask should be left on the hair for about 40 minutes. After this time, rinse it off with warm water. In case of very damaged hair, you can leave the mask on your hair over night.
- Another way to include linseed in your hair care routine, is to prepare a rinse. The method of its preparation is similar to a mask, except, while cooking it use more water. The watery mixture is applied while washing the hair. The best way to use it, is to wash your hair during the last rinse with it, so that it stays on your hair for longer.
- An equally effective solution is to prepare a hair mist that can be easily used daily. A tablespoon of linseed should be boiled in 100 ml of water, and then drained. The resulting infusion should be cooled down and poured into an atomizer. You can add your favorite essential oil and a few drops of olive oil or grape seed oil. The mixture prepared in this way should be applied to the hair every day.
- Another way to nourish your hair is to prepare a cocktail, because it is not only the use of linseeds from the outside, that brings spectacular results in the growth of healthy hair. It can be successfully included in yout every day diet by preparing a special drinking cocktail. Two tablespoons of linseed are boiled in a glass of water for about 15 minutes. After this time, the cocktail needs to be strained. After it cools down, drink it. If you do not like the taste of linseed, you can drink it with banana or raspberry juice. Such a cocktail can be an addition to your daily breakfast.
- The last method of usinglinseed for hair is to buylinseed oil. Linseed oil is applied to the scalp and entire strands of hair, just like a mask prepared at home. You can also use it to protect the ends of your hair. A small amount of the oil should be applied to the hands and then evenly spread over the hair and scalp. Then wrap the hair with a plastic cap and a towel, leaving the oil on the hair for about 30 minutes. After this time, the hair should be washed.
Linseed is perfect for the care of weak and damaged hair. Thanks to the regular use of masks or other cosmetics based on linseed, the hair becomes strong, thick and healthy. They gain shine and their faster growth is noticeable. In addition, by including a linseed cocktail in your daily diet, it will not only support healthy hair growth, but also provide the body with many valuable nutrients.