You can find a detailed description of dr. Piotr Turkowski hair transplant procedure in other articles. And below you can find doctor’s instructions before and after hair transplant surgery. In other words – how to take care of your new hair.
Before the surgery
Eat a light breakfast.
You should not drink strong coffee, alcohol not smoke.
Haircare instructions for the first 2 weeks after hair transplant surgery:
- use warm water to wash your hair
- use a shampoo recommended after hair transplant once a day
- follow the washing technique instructions provided by a doctor
- remember to wash your hair with gentle movements to avoid new hairs damages
- dry your hair carefully with a disposable paper towel using tapping movements
- spray a saline solution or thermal water on the recipient area
2 weeks after hair transplant surgery
You can start gently massaging your hair while washing. The remaining instructions are the same.
General instructions for the first month after hair transplant surgery
- avoid physical activity
- avoid sun exposure
- do not go to the swimming pool, sauna
- do not use hair dryer
- do not use hair styling products (hairspray etc.)
- avoid contact with animals, escpecially during wound healing
The patient leaves the clinic with a bandage on the donor area which is usually removed the next day and the hair is washed for the first time.
You can cover your head e.g. with a hood.