Hair loss is associated with some discomfort and change in appearance, to which we pay so much attention. Excessive or premature hair loss and alopecia can also contribute to discomfort and lack of self-acceptance.
Platelet-rich plasma as a method to treat hair loss
Due to the fact, that hair is a very important part of our appearance, specialist doctors have developed several methods to combat baldness. One of them is the use of PRP, i.e. platelet-rich plasma. Thanks to its properties, platelet-rich plasma has found many applications in aesthetic medicine, in particular in the treatment of hair loss.
What is platelet-rich plasma?
Platelet-rich plasma, is the autonomic material of platelets, which has an increased number of platelets compared to the patient’s blood. PRP, or platelet-rich plasma, is obtained by taking blood from the patient and then subjecting the blood sample to a double centrifugation. The resulting plasma has extremely valuable ingredients that regenerates and stimulates the scalp.
How does the procedure with the use of platelet-rich plasma look like?
The procedure itself is not the longest and lasts from 30 to 60 minutes. It all depends on the severity of hair loss and the condition of the patient’s scalp. Platelet-rich plasma is introduced under the patient’s skin with the help of mesotherapy. Using a very fine needle, the doctor injects PRP under the scalp. Platelet-rich plasma therapy is usually performed under local anesthesia, thanks to which the patient does not feel any discomfort or pain.
However, before platelet-rich plasma is introduced under the scalp, blood is collected from the patient and the plasma is obtained. The centrifuge separates individual blood components and removes excess fluid and dead cells. The preparation obtained in this way, is introduced under the skin, in places where there is a problem with hair loss, which is why mesotherapy of the scalp is a local treatment.
Strengths of the treatment
- It is painless – the treatment uses thin needles, you can also use local anesthesia,
- It is fast – the procedure takes up to 60 minutes.
- No recovery – the patient can return to normal activities the next day
- It is natural – platelet-rich plasma is obtained from the patient’s blood.
- Local treatment – it can be performed on the top of the head, forehead, occipital and temporal areas
The treatment with the use of platelet-rich plasma is recommended for everyone who:
- has a problem with excessive hair loss,
- suffers from alopecia caused by various factors.
The PRP treatment is not recommended:
- in case of pregnancy or breastfeeding,
- when the patient has problems with blood clotting,
- if you are taking medication to thin the blood.
Platelet-rich plasma is injected into the areas of the scalp, that are affected by excessively shedding hair.
Do I have to repeat the treatment with platelet-rich plasma?
To obtain satisfactory results, it is recommended to perform several series of treatments with platelet-rich plasma. Depending on the needs, it can be from 3 to 5 series. An appropriate time interval should be maintained, preferably every 4 – 6 weeks. However, the first results are visible after about 3 months from the start of the series of treatments.
The treatment is intended for both women and men who want lush hair. In addition, the treatment is recommended for people struggling with the problem of androgenetic alopecia, areata or with bends.
What are the results of platelet-rich plasma?
Platelet-rich plasma has a very positive effect on hair growth.
- platelet-rich plasma stimulates hair stem cells to go into active state, which stimulates hair regrowth,
- PRP regulates the hair growth cycle, influencing its elongation,
- after the procedure of introducing plasma under the scalp, one bulb may grow up to several hairs,
- the hair on the head becomes visibly thicker.
If the current treatment of baldness has not brought the desired results, it is worth taking advantage of our offer of treatments, based on platelet-rich plasma. The unique properties of PRP will allow you to effectively stop the problem of hair loss.